Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"Goldfinch on Cone Flower" Oil Palette Knife Painting by Hallie Kohn Art

It has been a while since I have painted with my palette knives. Doing a very similar painting to one that I recently painted with brush really allowed me to compare the way I paint with each. When I went at the prior painting with a brush, that is exactly what I did, just went at it. On the other hand, for this painting I made grid lines and did an under drawing with pencil. Not as fun, or as loose, but I still love the result.

8x10 oil palette knife painting on 1/8" panel























Here is the brush version--which do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...