Monday, July 14, 2014

Crescendo Poppy and Painting Under the Tuscan Sun - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1338430

Crescendo Poppy 
by Nancy Medina

8X10
Oil on Archival Panel


My new video




I couldn't resist painting red poppies this week, after watching one of my favorite movies again, Under the Tuscan Sun. Just knowing I'll not only be visiting here next spring, I'll be teaching during the height of poppy bloom season in June 2015, is enough to make me start counting down the days for the trip! The Tuscan Renaissance Center where we will stay is a beautifully restored 12th century monastery in the Chianti region of Tuscany. We'll have excursions and wine and olive oil tastings and trips to market and all the gelato our hearts desire - although I must say, the cheeses are just as tempting to me as the ice creamy treats! Everyone who visits assures me that despite all the nonstop eating, you don't gain an ounce, because there is so much walking and exploring. I'm practicing my Italian, too, since currently I only speak rigatoni. Fortunately, the hubby found an app where you say your phrase to your Iphone in English, and it repeats the phrase back aloud in Italian. As long as "where is the bathroom" and "where is the nearest gelato" are both at the top of the list, I think we'll be okay... 

Painting Under the Tuscan Sun
 June 6-13, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...