Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Over the garden wall, climbing rose painting by Marion Hedger Impressionist Oil painting

Over the garden wall, climbing rose by Marion Hedger
Oil Palette knife painting, Impasto painting
On MDF canvas panel
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
Available by auction on Daily Paintworks
Take a look at my art website
Follow my daily painting blog
My Etsy Shop
Last month a local village held it's annual rose festival. This area is well known for growing flowers for the perfume industry (Grasse is not far away), and this village is renown for growing roses and extracting the oil.

Walking through the village, this beautiful rose was making a huge statement in someone's garden, I was very envious. I couldn't resist taking a few photos. I also came away with another climbing rose and several other plants for the garden.

Some close-ups of the texture achieved with the palette knife.


Contact me about this or any other painting HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...