Sunday, June 8, 2014

Postcards From Summer and How to Paint Brilliant Purples - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1484665

Postcards From Summer
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel




The purple irises in my garden are flagging, waving about in the breeze, trying their best to compete with their brilliant blue neighbors, my hydrangeas. However, the season for irises is flying by, and their rivals the hydrangeas are well on their way to glory days. My palette leans toward cool greens and warm red violets in the spring, reflecting exactly what nature is painting in her own garden in my back yard. You'll see exactly how I put this into practice in my new online video lesson on blue lace hydrangeas, which will be launching in the next 2 weeks. Stay tuned here to my art bloggy for the scoop, and warm up your brushes, let's scoop up luscious piles of purples and blues and ring in spring together! Here's a tip on how you can mix brilliant purples. Read more...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...