Monday, October 21, 2013

"Tel Megiddo, Armageddon, Israel" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting, israel, affordable




I found this oil painting to be quite challenging to complete, probably because I rarely paint animals or palm trees!  Once I finished it, I recalled its origin in my travel memories:  Last year my husband and I went to Israel for the first time and found it to be simply fabulous.  Knowing that civilization began in this part of the world, one could get very overwhelmed just by the historical, never mind the religious, nature of the country.  When we drove up to Tel Megiddo, I'll be honest, I really did not know its story.  However, upon entering the visitors' center and museum and shop, I was amazed to find that the name for this archeological site is also Armageddon, a frightening thought to comprehend, because in the book of Revelations in Christianity the beginning of the end of the world as we know it will occur there.  

We walked up the worn, dusty, arid trail, to view the ruins and look down into the valley and saw visitors from other places in the world who also came to view this place which so inspires awe.  I would urge you to go to this valley and see for yourself the incredible views and learn more about the history of Israel.   

"Tel Megiddo, Armageddon, Israel" 7"x5" unframed miniature palette knife oil painting on canvas panel, $70 includes s/h in continental U.S., click Paypal button below or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...