Friday, August 30, 2013

Beginnings of a new Horse Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

Beginnings... 
16 x 20 inches Oil on Canvas. 

So I took the canvas and I created the background using Golden Acrylics.  I just chose colors I felt spiritually as I painted and then tossed in the blues for contrast to the deep oranges.  I debated on vertical or horizontal... and usually I would do this vertical but I felt the movement more in the horizontal. 

Took up charcoal and sketched in the horse.  If I was knifing I would begin moving paint on now with the knife, but I took up the brush... still on a break from knife for some pieces....see more tomorrow.

I often wonder if God ever changes 'THE PLAN' that He has for us?
I know we have a certain amount of freedom in choosing things to do in life and we certainly take 'THE PLAN" out another door pretty often.  He probably lets us hang out there in some painful growing ways more than we would like.   Not sure what it takes to fully grasp we truly need to let Him be in our lives all the time, not just in times of trouble.
That sounded like the "Let It Be' song from the Beatles.

Maybe we should just 'let it be' and let Him work.

When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
    your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:18-19


Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist


Pace Studio 
Graphics One Design



GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...