Monday, April 2, 2012

PLEIN AIR DEMONSTRATION PAINTING by TOM BROWN



CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY EBAY AUCTIONS:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

ARTISTS: If you live in the Orange County area of Southern California, I invite you to join me for my next series of Plein Air classes that begins this Saturday. We meet for 5 consecutive Saturday mornings from 9am to noon at various locations like this. My classes are constructed to accommodate all skill levels and I give all the personal guidance you like. If you’re interested, email me for details.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

ABOUT THIS PAINTING: This is another painting that was done as a demonstration for other artists during a Plein Air Workshop I taught recently.

Nature cast a spotlight briefly on the distant trees and I couldn’t resist. Before the lighting conditions could change I quickly blocked in the composition to capture these effects. It was a gray day with overcast skies and softened colors but this natural spotlight brought magic to the scene.

Once I had the basic composition established I allowed myself to slow down and complete the painting with all the subtleties I liked so much about the scene. I was very pleased with the results.

I thought it might also be interesting to see a photo of the actual site for comparison with my interpretation so I shot a photo as I painted this.

Thanks for looking
tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...