Monday, April 16, 2012

Art Salon Traditions by Pamela Blaies

Awards Banquet for Salon International 2012

From the mid 1700s to the late 1800s the Salon de Paris was an art exhibit not to be missed. All the great artists of the time would enter their paintings in hopes to be displayed in this influential exhibit. Beautiful works of art were hung from floor to ceiling. The Salon had a great impact on the art world.

Greenhouse Gallery in San Antonio hosts Salon International. This is a juried exhibition which encourages excellence in representative art. Each year it is filled with amazing works of art, bringing artists and collectors together from all over. I heard comments of how this exhibit has parallels to the Salon of long ago and what a wonderful tradition to encourage. I was astounded at the many brilliant works of art hung floor to ceiling at this fine juried exhibit. I travelled to San Antonio to participate in the opening festivities including an awards banquet and a champagne opening reception. I could spend weeks in that gallery taking it all in and even my husband (who is definitely not an art connoisseur) had a great time. I feel very honored to be a part of this prestigious exhibit.

If you are anywhere near San Antonio before May 4th, don't miss Salon International 2012!

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...