Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stormy skies

This is a small oil painting I did, trying to capture the atmosphere of stormy clouds building up. I love painting stormy skies - I find them far more interesting than cloudless blue skies.

'Stormy Skies'
oil on paper
19 x 19 cm
For sale

It was completed with palette knives, but a different effect was created on the paper, than I was used to on my normal surface of canvas. I was able to scrape far thinner layers of paint on the paper. I finished off some areas blending with the fingertip technique! 

If you are interested in buying this painting, please email me at jenny.oldknow@btinternet.com

Jenny Oldknow x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...