Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ardent - Palette Knife Oil Painting by Judy Mackey

"Ardent"
6 x 6 inches, Oil on Board
$90.00 - Available

I've been painting angels and angels and angels it seems and this one was going to be a study for another "couple angel".  I had it sketched with my brown pencil but I didn't quite like it....it sat around in my stack of 6 x 6 boards waiting it's fate.  

So this afternoon as I was looking for another board to tone to get ready for more painting I grabbed this board and was going to wipe the pencil sketch off with some turpentine when I realized that the posture of the two was rather nice.   I outlined it with some brown paint and then the next bit was to put down red for the dress - suddenly it came alive.  I didn't want to mess with it and lose that "feeling"....because it was when I painted the red the word "Ardent" popped in my head.

This painting came together so quickly and I'm really pleased with it...I hope you will feel the same way too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...