Monday, November 1, 2010

Sunset water reflecting oil painting by BECKY JOY

I finished this 18x24 oil today. I like the combination of colors that I have going here. There are a lot of grays in the scene and a variety of cool and warm grays in the bushes. All the grays make the pure colors in the sky and water seem even brighter. The bushes as a whole are cooler farther away from the light and the field is brighter and purer in color closer to the light. I have posted this painting on my website, www.beckyjoy.com

 I've been working on a few larger pieces. Now its time to start working on putting together a portfolio. I'm trying to get everything organized and have made up several pages of photos. I guess I'm using an antiquated program, Word Perfect. I went to get the files printed and they had trouble converting them. So now I need to convert them to Microsoft Word. I tried to print some on my printer, but the color is really not adequate. So tomorrow its off to the printer with my new files.
BECKY JOY
www.beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

1 comment:

  1. Becky, love this painting - the softness of the late afternoon sky and the reflection of the sun in the river. The composition is very pleasing. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...