Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Morning Light, Left to Right by Roxanne Steed



12"x16" oil on linen mounted on archival board

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


So, it seems I've been stretching out all these stories from my recent travels. Two weeks ago Wednesday I drove down to Virginia to be ready for the "Out & About Norfolk" Plein Air Show, as well as the second event, Ballet Virginia International - Artists Supporting the Arts Gala - both juried shows. I had four paintings juried into the BVI show, and I had been fortunate to jury in to the Out & About Show as well. For the O&A, 40 artists were out on the town painting their favorite locations on Thursday and Friday of that week. These works are exhibited in the 'Wet Painting Sale' at the big event Saturday evening.

My first painting of Thursday was at the Norfolk Yacht Club, and I wanted to push by abilities a bit by painting larger than I usually do outside. I was really attracted to the light on the 'big mass of boats' before me...as well as the light glancing across three kayaks on a pier directly in front of me! This painting brought me an Award of Merit from Jerry's Artarama at the Saturday evening show.

For purchase information please visit my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...