Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April Afternoon, by Carrie Jacobson

April Afternoon
By Carrie Jacobson
Oil on canvas, 16x20, $200

One exhilarating part of being on this blog is seeing the amazing work of other palette knife painters.

I'd painted some with a knife, but was mostly using a brush (in a knife-like way, I now see) when I came upon Judy Mackey's work. She took the time to answer my questions and give me encouragement, and I set out painting. To that point, the only palette-knife painters I'd even seen were Judy and the very talented Bruce Thorne, who lives in the mid-Hudson Valley of New York. And until she started this blog, I felt pretty much alone.

Now, suddenly, I'm not the only one. Every day, I see the work of the other artists on this blog, and I love it. Every day, I learn something, and get new ideas. Also, I feel such a strong urge to do better work here, to make sure my work measures up. Are the rest of you finding this sort of response in yourself?

Thanks, Judy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...