Saturday, June 4, 2016

Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Sunset over Water Art, "Day's End" 11x14x1.5" Textured Oil Painting- SOLD

When the sun falls in the evening, I want to be close to the water, something I acheived in this sunset oil painting. The beautiful reflections makes an even more spectacular sight. I tried to replicate this experience with oil paint and palette knife.

SOLD

 With this painting, I was at the marina in Fernandina Beach, FL when the sun dropped.  Talk about beautiful!  This is why people live in Florida.  Well, actually, I just returned from a week in Colorado and I have to admit it is just a gorgeous there.  I doubt there is a place on earth that is not beautiful when the sun sets.

This painting is also available as a giclee' canvas print, in the size of your choice, here.


                                                              LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK
                                                                    JOIN ME ON ETSY





I recently purchased a video from New Zealand artist,  Richard Robinson, that goes into detail about painting sunsets.  He is an oil painter, but when he paints sunsets, he starts with a white canvas and puts in the light area around the sun first, much like a watercolorist.  He then puts in a dab of white for the sun, and starts working outward from there to the other sky colors.  I tried that technique with this painting and found it worked well.

Have a great day and hope you enjoy your sunset this evening.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...