Wednesday, December 9, 2015

FIGURE 17 by Kim McAninch

FIGURE 17
24" x 18"
Oil on .75 stretched canvas
Continuing my FIGURES Series, I began this with a simpler painting in mind!  Once again, I kept going.  This has very developed color and more detail than the previous FIGURES.  It is bold, for sure.    I have always felt that what differentiates  any piece of art , is the decision making.  It is a very special process. This isn't just a copy of my inspiration, in this case, the female figure.  It is my own addition of color and shapes. It is my handling of the paint, brushes and pencils.  It is the application of my knowledge of design concepts.   It is inherent and learned.  It is my gestural markings and my hand that make it different that any other artist.  I would love for the viewer to consider why I do what I do, consider what every artist has done and question, "Why?".  Zoom in.  It is unlikely than any other artist  would do what I have done.  It is like a snowflake, no two are the same.  It is directed by my own sense of art and unique to me.  What are your thoughts?
Contact me  It would make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...