Monday, August 18, 2014

Lucky

 Lucky
5" x 7" oil on stretched canvas
NFS

When an animal passes on, I always commemorate them with a portrait.  The duck on the farm is no different. He and his companion, Lily, were taken by a fox a couple of weeks ago.  Its a part of country life that I dislike, but I know the fox was doing what a fox does.  But I do miss the pair of ducks chattering and wandering around the yard.  Lucky was so named because he survived an attack by a mink and a Great Horned Owl.  Third time was not so lucky.

This is my first post for the Palette Knife Painters blog and I look forward to many more.  My main subject is boats and water which can be found on my website, but other subjects creep in now and then.

You can find my work in all these places and I'm always happy to stop and say hello to more palette knife painters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...