Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stately Irises - oil painting on box canvas by Marion Hedger

stately Irises Impasto palette knife painting
by Marion Hedger
Oil on box canvas (1.5cm deep)
15x20cm (6"x8")
Available in my Etsy store
Take a look at Marion's art website
Follow my daily painting blog
My Etsy Shop
 
Spring, I love this time of year. After the tulips die down, the irises are the next to appear. As well as the dark blue border irises, these pale purple irises are amongst the first of the irises to appear. They are tall, and although not as showy as the bearded irises, they give a beautiful purple haze under the citrus trees.

About this painting
I painted this in a loose impasto style, dancing around the canvas with my palette knife, aiming more for the purple glow than true representation of the irises.

Some Close-ups of the knife work


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...