Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 14, Project 125 McMinville, OR Church Plein Air Painting BECKY JOY

day-14-church
© 2013 Becky Joy     McMinville, OR Church     oil   6 inches x 6 inches    $125.
to purchase click here.

McMinville, OR is a nice friendly old town south of Portland. My parents live her and my sister a few miles away in a neighboring small town. I was drawn to church by the shapes and the darker tower against the light of the cloudy sky. There were very few shadows from the sun, at least really noticable ones. So, it was more about shapes and subtle color differences in the painting. I also added a little more intense color in the tower to bring your attention to it.

I went to the post office today and while there drove around taking photos of the old houses. I used to do a lot of pen and ink drawings of the old homes in Oregon City years ago. When I would take my kids to some art classes there when they were little, I wondered about drawing while waiting for them to finish the classes. I wasn't painting a lot at that time, but occasionally I would paint one in watercolor which is what I was working with at the period in time.

Upcoming Workshops:

Phoenix, AZ  Oct 3 - 5
Hood River, OR  Sept 4
Tuscany, Italy June 7 - 17, 2014
Korcula Island, Croatia Sept 14 - 24, 2014

Talk to you all tomorrow with #15,


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...