Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lilies from Long Ago by Pamela Blaies

14" x 11"
oil on canvas

As a reference for this painting, I used an image from 1901 of a little girl sitting in a garden filled with lilies. I just love vintage photos and their faded, sepia-toned black and white images. I'm fascinated by the life and times of the early 1900s and old photos give me a little peek back in time. I imagined the light softly illuminating all the beautiful colors of her white dress and the blooming white lilies.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...