Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"The Agnes Marie" - A Palette Knife Painting by Dottie T Leatherwood

The Agnes Marie
8" x 8" oil on panel
©2011 DottieLeatherwood
----------------------------------------
I love shrimpboats. Rusty and crusty and hardworking boats. They remind me of my childhood and of the families I knew growing up who worked the waters off the coast of Savannah. So few still take on this way of life. In fact, I don't think any of my friends followed their fathers into shrimping. It is much easier to make money doing something else. As my dad would have said "its an awful hard way to make a living". It is a rough life and it has to be a part of your soul to subject yourself to the elements day in and day out without the guarantee of catching anything. Not to mention trying to compete with imported or farmed shrimp sold at such low prices. I do what little I can to support local shrimpers and always buy wild caught shrimp. There is nothing that compares to the taste of fresh, sweet shrimp right off the boat. Lecture over. The Agnes Marie is docked and in for the night.
---------------------------------------
To see more of my work please check out my website:
www.dottietleatherwood.com
or sign up to receive my daily painting blog:
http://dottietleatherwood.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...