Friday, May 13, 2011

"Transcending Luminosity" by Niki Gulley at Watters Creek

"Transcending Luminosity" ©2011 Niki Gulley
Three 48" x 30" canvases to form a 48" x 90" triptych
textured oil on wrap around canvas

I decided it would be a fun challenge to create an extremely large painting this winter, and I wanted the final piece to be very uplifting, colorful and full of energy. Opting for warm colors and working with extremely thick oil paint and palette knives, I chose this water scene for its energetic flow and yet calming serenity at the same time, and positioned the water lilies and my paint strokes in a circular pattern to enliven that mood.

Also available in limited edition stretched canvas prints.

I'll have this contemporary landscape painting in addition to other large scale oil paintings at the Watters Creek Art Festival, watters-creek.com/events/Fine-Arts-Festival-Sun.htm, this weekend in Allen, TX. Please stop by my booth, #60, to see them in person.

May 13 • 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
May 14 • 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
May 15 • 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Allen, TX • in Watters Creek on Village Green Dr.
970 Garden Park Dr. (at U.S. 75 and Bethany Drive)

E-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information.

Visit my website at NikiGulley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...