Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sunset Streaming through the tree by BECKY JOY

This 14x18 oil in posted on my website. For more information click here.

I have been busy working on my house that I had gutted and remodeled. Some of you already know the story, but I'll repeat myself here. I bought a bank owned repo about two years ago. I wanted a house that I could gut and remodel the way I wanted. Anyway, I got one with a LOT of work to be done. We spent about a year on it working everyday tearing out walls and everything else then reconstructing. The studio was the first thing to set up. I have been going back and forth from the office at my current home to the studio at the new place. Now I will be moving into the new place, because the old one finally sold. We have two weeks to move. We are over at the new house cleaning, putting things away and sheetrocking, texturing, sanding, painting and electrical in the master bedroom. We left that end of the house unfinished because we wanted to add onto it after getting the house livable.We decided to get a little more work done this week before actually moving in. Anyway, my posting will be erratic the next couple of weeks.

Onto the painting, this painting is an older one. It was one that won a competition of FB, one of 14 from almost 900 submissions. It was in a gallery show at Bucks County Fine Art Gallery in PA. To create the illusion of sunlight coming through the tree, the colors become cooler and grayer moving away from the spot of light. The gray colors make the pure color appear even brighter, but also having the progression to warmer and purer builds up to the light. I have texture in the grass and the fence posts which helps to bring the foreground closer to the viewer.

Today, I have an interview on ArtistsDiscuss with Martyn Chamberlin. I'll have to check it out, maybe you can too. It was a pleasure talking with him. Well, off to work on the house today. Talk to you all later.
BECKY JOY
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...