Sunday, April 12, 2015

Trish Beckham

Easy and light weight plein air set up.
This is an adapted kit from Judsons plein air. (They are the greatest!) I bought the box as a second. It's a 9 by 12 Guerrilla Painter laptop box. I added in compartment dividers, a leather handle, and a hook and velcro system to carry a board on the outside. (allows for non standard panel sizes.)  I used Jim Serrett's idea for a attaching a panel. (using a bungee cord through two slots.) It holds the panel nice and firm and allows for knife painters to drag paint all the way to the bottom of a panel.
I attached a piece of velcro through a hole at the top of the board, cut two slots on the right and left side (wide enough to fit the bungee cord wire), and made the outside dimensions 12 by 10 (sized to fit into an 8 by 10 adapter available through www.guerrillapainter.com). The velcro attached at the top holds the board to the box when transporting. (The opposing velcro is glued and screwed to the top of the box.) I tied a string through a plastic cup with the other end tied to the handle. The cup fits perfectly down into the leather handle. I use the cup to put my knives
in while I'm working.
Everything I need for painting is in the box. I carry a plastic bag inside the cup for trash. My tripod is from Guerrilla Painter.


















Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...