Saturday, January 10, 2015

Stecak by Natasa Vretenar

It has been quite a beginning of the year! One week has already gone by and it has been quite productive.

www.artbynv.com

I managed to paint 9 paintings, including a big bear painting. I was asked if I painted it in one day and the answer is - no way! I always have different supports prepared for painting, and some canvases or boards painted with a layer or a few layers of background colours. Sometimes, the painting ends up being something completely different than what I initially had in mind. I also like to prepare several canvases with similar background colours. So I took one of those large canvases with background already partially done and painted my bear on it a few days ago. It has heavily textured fur (I used acrylic heavy gel this time for texture) and that took another day to dry properly before I could apply more paint layers on it. While the fur texture dried I added many more painting elements.

It has been really busy here this week - lots of things going on with family, and I consider it a huge accomplishment that I have been painting every day. I also sent in a few letters to places I would like to exhibit, set up a solo show at Milner gallery, started writing a proposal for another exhibit for next year and to top it all - my dear friend bought paintings from me this week!

I am grateful that I do what I love and that my work is appreciated. Thank you for joining me on my art journey!

Here is my painting for day 9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ste%C4%87ak

Zapis o vremenu

Davno sam ti legao
I dugo ti mi je
Ležati
Davno
Da trava mi kosti
Davno
Da crvi mi meso
Davno
Da stekoh tisuću imena
Davno
Da zaboravih svoje ime
Davno sam ti legao
I dugo ti mi je
Ležati

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...