Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ikebana 1 - Pink Chrysanthemums by Marion Hedger

Ikebana 1 - Pink Chrysanthemums
22x27cm (approx  9x11 inch)
oil on canvas board
Palette knife painting

I've taken a break from painting landscapes for the last couple of dates to paint some floral still lifes.

This is inspired by a book on Ikebana given to me by a neighbour, the monthly floral forum challenge on wetcanvas.com to paint chrysanthemums and my imagination. I wanted to achieve an ethereal 'look' in this painting.

I have completed four paintings for the challenge and will post more tomorrow.

Give a gift of an original artwork, or gift certificate to family and friends. I will gladly gift wrap a painting and send it directly to the recipient with a gift tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...