Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Spring Froth by Roxanne Steed

10"x8" oil on linen mounted on archival panel

Click here for more information, or to purchase.
One of my friends described this time of year (up here in New England when Spring finally bursts forth) as 'frothy'. Yes, it is sort of like that- trees stay a lavender bare limbed tangle, until sap rises and gives them a reddish pinky blush at their uppermost heights...then the bright fresh yellow green leaves begin to emerge- slowly but surely.....before you know it another week has gone by and the whole canopy of woods is filled from top to bottom!
Here at home, the tulips have come up, the crab-apple trees have bloomed...and now as I type this, they are fading, and other things are following right on their heels to take their turn in this symphony of color and texture----fluff and froth!
Oh what a delight after winter! Spring is just never disappointing!
As you can see, we are across the street from another building lot (hence the large dirt pile), so I can be selective - choosing rather interpretive and expressive in my painting rather than a literal rendering. 
Spring does go by so quickly, I'm amazed at how quickly I paint one scene .....and those blossoms are gone! But the act of painting them seals those garden memories into my very being.  A wonderful comparison from year to year....showing me how far this portion of Eden has come! 
 
Visit my website; www.roxannesteed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...