Sunday, February 10, 2013

Right on Red by Pamela Blaies


16" x 12"
oil on linen

I usually tone my canvas with a neutral, earthy color like raw umber.  With this one, I tried something a little different and toned it red. Specifically, I mixed Alizarin Crimson with Burnt Sienna (I'm pretty sure this is Winsor Newton's version of Transparent Oxide Red.)   Anyway, since I planned to let some of the tone show through in places, I figured the red would be interesting with the bright, red cherries scattered throughout the composition. It turned out to be a nice effect - glad I took the risk.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...