Monday, February 4, 2013

Afternoon Light Red Tulips by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Afternoon Light Red Tulips
by Nancy Medina
18X18
Palette Knife/Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

Afternoon Light is the newest painting in Flower Mound Studio, as I pack my bags for a trip back to East Texas to spend time with Mom. The hubby brought me a big bowl of cheese popcorn as I was finishing up this new floral, and later a piece of Hershey's chocolate provided that essential fuel needed to finish! Thank goodness for carbs and caffeine to keep those creative juices flowering!

Studio Director AnnieBee and I have been spending quite a bit of time in East Texas at the farm with my Mom. Mom is settling into a new routine with visits from hospice and doctor's orders that she should eat "absolutely anything she wants from this time forward." This does not bode well for my waistline. Last week, I spied an old turntable in her piano room and dragged it out into the kitchen, so she could hear the music. After playing Moonlight Serenade, Little Brown Jug, The St Louis Blues and Tuxedo Junction, I played this: Frank Sinatra - It Was a Very Good Year Mom was dozing while the music played. When she woke up, she smiled and told me she had had the best dream. She said she dreamed I had found her old record player and brought it into the kitchen, and I had played some of her favorite old songs for her. We both giggled when I told her it hadn't been a dream at all. It was a very good day.



Afternoon Light on the easel....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...