Friday, November 9, 2012

Okay, I'll be brutally honest here.  I have painted this scene before, a number of times, in fact.  I never tire of it.  Between Silverton and Durango, Colorado, sits Red Mountain Pass.  My husband and I went through here in the mid-1970s and have been here since that long time ago.  The falls here in the Rocky Mountains are different from Back East.  The aspens tends to flutter around in their vibrant gold and yellow tones, rarely orange or red, but that does occur occasionally.  The skies are bright blue, the underbrush turning hues of ochre.  I love this time of year, be it on the plains, the foothills, or the mountains of my sweet state.  I hope you get the feeling of autumn, before the high piles of snow, blizzards, and cold just around the bend.  
"Red Mountain Colorado Fall", 7"x5" palette knife and brush oil painting on canvas panel, $70 includes s/h in the continental U.S., Paypal accepted, contact me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more info -- and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...