Thursday, March 21, 2019

Large shapes and going larger

BREATHING MOUNTAIN
by Marion Hedger
80X80cm (32x32inch) on 4cm deep box canvas
Acrylic and mixed media

I am gradually adding my new paintings exhibited at the Surrey Contemporary Art Fair. This is one of the larger ones at 80x80cm. I have to be practical when working larger to make sure the painting doesn't exceed 80cm so it can fit in the car. I can go a little longer, so I might try a few longer ones for the next art fair.

In this painting I was trying to move towards using larger blocks of colour, with good contrast between the lighter areas and darks. The jewel colours of turquoise and orange intially draw your eye in but the sublety in the darks as well as the whites, keep you entertained. Here are some close-ups to show you the details:



CONNECT WITH ME
Keep up with my latest paintings and works in progress
on Instagram @artbymarion

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...