Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Stormy Sea By Sarah Morley - sold when still wet! But commissions welcome




I did this painting after I had finished tutoring my Friday knife painting classes, only about 3 weeks ago. It was great to get some large knives out and really let rip! It is painted mainly in Prussian Blue, white with some pale turquoise and dark violet. I was really pleased with how well the spray came up. I think the secret of this was that I also used  Griffin Alkyd White, which is a fast drying white oil paint. This is a different texture from the usual slow drying oil paint.

The painting was on the easel a week later, still wet when we had our open studios event and it sold! Missing it already! If anyone would like a similar painting - maybe as a Christmas present?  - please contact me.

Below is another of my seascapes - again sold! They do not stay with me for very long.

Sarah Morley

http://www.sarahmorleyfineart.com/
mobile - 44(0)7946432818


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...