Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sunset snow scene by BECKY JOY


Sky #39 $125. 5x7 oil on canvas panel,
free shipping in US, free display easel.

The sky is the limit or is it unlimited. An odd saying for what it means. Today I did this little snow scene. I wanted to keep most of the painting in high key, so the tree is it, the dark with the brightest spot, the sun, next to it.  There are a lot of grays in the painting with the colors as a whole becoming cooler as they move away from the sun. I put the group of trees in the background to help balance the painting.

I took plenty of photos of this painting as I was painting it. The process of painting this one will be in my e-book that will be coming up, so check back for it. I hope to have it done by the time I send out my newsletter, which I'm waiting for the first of the year to do. I've had a couple of people let me know that they miss it and where is it. Its coming, I promise. So much to do.

Well, on to working on that e-book.

Talk to you all later.
Becky
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckPublish Postyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com/blog

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! What a wonderful teaser for your e-book. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...